well, some pretty good news coming out of mix07 today...here's a quick recap...
- release of Silverlight 1.1 alpha supporting .net programming model
- announcing cross-platform (windows/mac) .net as a part of Silverlight 1.1 alpha
- announcing support for dynamic languages (ruby, python out of the gate) as a part of Silverlight 1.1 alpha
- rtm of expression studio
- preview of expression blend v2 (supporting richer Silverlight development)
- expression media encoder preview for Silverlight
- Silverlight streaming by Windows Live
whew, that is a lot to swallow. i'm most excited about the cross-platform .net and support for dynamic languages. with microsoft providing a ruby implementation, i wonder who will build a rails implementation first...ahem...hint.