×

First time here?

You are looking at the most recent posts. You may also want to check out older archives. Please leave a comment, ask a question and consider subscribing to the latest posts via RSS or email. Thank you for visiting!

in a previous post i wrote about embedding the applications in your site using the service.  i wrote about my troubles in getting output from more complex types working in the service.  here's the skinny.  i was using expression media encoder (eme for the cool kids) and the output templates for media players.  turns out the version of eme i was using was missing a few things.  the version on microsoft.com/expression is correct and is working fine.

if you are using eme outputs and want to put them in silverlight streaming, do not use the <source> node in your manifest.xml file, but ensure you have the <loadFunction> node and put in the initializer for your player (usually the eme output is calling it 'StartWithParent').  doing these two things helped me get it to work in .

hooray .



DISCLAIMER:

The opinions/content expressed on this blog are provided "ASIS" with no warranties and are my own personal opinions/content (unless otherwise noted) and do not represent my employer's view in any way.