As a follow-up to my Silverlight For WordPress plugin, I have just deployed Mark Heath’s Silverlight Audio Player as a WordPress plugin.  Thanks to Mark for changing his license to Ms-PL so that I could make this happen.  If you are a WordPress user and want to use Silverlight for audio playback, you use some WordPress macro language (in this case slaudio) and put it in.  The rendered output is like this:

Silverlight Audio Player for WordPress (collapsed)

And when you click the play button it expands:

Silverlight Audio Player for WordPress (expanded)

Again, most of the actual Silverlight work is Mark’s, so be sure to head on over to his project to thank him or if you find issues in the Silverlight player.  I’ll update the plugin whenever a new version of the player is released.

NOTE: A lot of people ask me if I’m running WordPress on this blog because of these plugins.  The answer is no.  I run the most awesome Subtext framework here.  I do have a few other sites that I use WordPress on.

To install in WordPress, simply search for the plugin in your admin dashboard under ‘silverlight’ and you will find it listed as Silverlight Audio Player for WordPress.  I’ve tested it on 2.8.5 but should work back to 2.2.x.

Hope this helps!

10/25/2009 7:55 PM | # re: Silverlight Audio Player for WordPress
Hey Tim,
your link to Marks project breaks on the codeplex page (an extra full stop)
10/25/2009 8:28 PM | # re: Silverlight Audio Player for WordPress
Jeremy - huh? just worked for me?
10/26/2009 2:57 AM | # re: Silverlight Audio Player for WordPress
So on what flash player is this audio player based as I know for certain that it looks very familiar :)
10/26/2009 3:01 AM | # re: Silverlight Audio Player for WordPress
Aaah.. just ignore my comment as I was asking the obvious :(
10/26/2009 9:33 AM | # re: Silverlight Audio Player for WordPress
BlackLabrador - Make sure you have version 1.0.5? Also it expects the plugin to be at /wp-content/plugins-silverlight-audio-player. As to the sidebar as a widget, I haven't created a widget for it, but that's a good idea. Maybe when I have more free moments.
10/26/2009 3:59 PM | # re: Silverlight Audio Player for WordPress
Thanks Tim, i will try ! the widget will be very cool as it will allowed the user to play a music whatever the post is. Great job ! txs
11/17/2009 3:55 AM | # re: Silverlight Audio Player for WordPress
I'm finding that it only lets me have one mp3 played in this way per page/post, is that normal?
11/21/2009 10:52 PM | # re: Silverlight Audio Player for WordPress
How to display it on slidebar or widget?
1/13/2011 3:38 AM | # re: Silverlight Audio Player for WordPress
0 down vote favorite

I'm trying to find a Silverlight player to work in WordPress and also with .isml files ( Smooth Live Streaming ) or .ism files( Smooth Streaming ).642-504 dumps

The streaming is Microsoft IIS Streaming.

I tried this one : wordpress.org/.../smooth-streaming-player/ , but I can't set the correct path to the .isml file, if I set it, the player crashes.

You can see the example here : http://mundopentecostal.org/?page_id=1900.

Do you happen to know any solutions ?

I would really appreciate one. Thanks