also updated/released/refreshed today (don’t know which one since i didn’t know about it before) are a bunch of feature packs for sql 2005.
download the feature packs to get
- Microsoft ADOMD.NET
- Microsoft Core XML Services (MSXML) 6.0
- Microsoft OLEDB Provider for DB2
- Microsoft SQL Server Management Pack for MOM 2005
- Microsoft SQL Server 2000 PivotTable Services
- Microsoft SQL Server 2000 DTS Designer Components
- Microsoft SQL Server Native Client
- Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Analysis Services 9.0 OLE DB Provider
- Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Backward Compatibility Components
- Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Command Line Query Utility
- Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Datamining Viewer Controls
- Microsoft SQL Server 2005 JDBC Driver
- Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Management Objects Collection
- Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Mobile Edition
- Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Notification Services Client Components
- Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Upgrade Advisor
- Microsoft .NET Data Provider for mySAP Business Suite, Preview Version
- Reporting Add-In for Microsoft Visual Web Developer 2005 Express
- Microsoft Exception Message Box
- Data Mining Managed Plug-in Algorithm API for SQL Server 2005
finally! verizon/palm released the MSFP update for the treo 700w
the palm site has the updater software required.
i got a kick out of unpacking the files and saw this:
and thought to myself: drteeth — awesome. i just thought it was funny.
anyhow, i ran the update successfully — and so far nothing looks different ;-) — but i’m hoping the push technology will make things better for me.
check out a new search ui for msdn searching:
contains other tabs for other areas of searching all in one place.
and if you are using IE7 there is an OpenSearch provider as well to integrate with the browser.
in response to keeping the products better and building upon feedback of our customers, we’ve released sql server 2005 service pack 1.
here’s the links:
wow, it’s been hard to keep this one under my breath for the time that we’ve know about it.
announced today (press link) is that the visual studio express editions that were initially offered “free for the first year” are now free without time limitations. yep, just like sql server express, you will be able to get these free without any limitation of when the free will end.
this is a great thing to have for the broader community.
from dan fernandez’s blog:
We are incredibly excited to announce that effective April 19th, 2006, all Visual Studio 2005 Express Editions including Visual Basic, Visual C#, Visual J#, Visual C++, and Visual Web Developer Express will be free permanently!
Prior to this pricing announcement, Visual Studio Express Editions were promotionally discounted to be free for one year, starting on November 7th, 2005. With this announcement, the promotional discount for Visual Studio Express is now permanent and Express will continue to be free.
The key reason for the pricing change was you. You’ve helped make Visual Studio Express a runaway hit, and we’re proud to announce that in the five months since its launch, Express has been downloaded over 5 million times!
the coding4fun site also refreshed with some new content that contains projects that were all done using these free express edition products.