i've been working on minor enhancements/changes to feedreader and 2.1 is tentatively scheduled to include the following:
- pre-authenticating user request to allow user authenticated proxy servers
- moving the proxy server and cache settings to shared web part properties only
- this is so that each user would not be required to change (or be able to) this information for more granular control over performance
- changing the feed url listing in the toolpart to use newlines instead of separating each url by a “;“ character (note: some url's have a semicolon as a legitimate character)
- adding the ability for the description to only display N number of lines
- enabline expand/collapse ability on the feed item nodes, so that if description is displayed it will display collapsed and the user can view it but not consume massive amounts of real estate
so i am looking for other suggestions (if any).
one problem i have that is not going to make the upgrade fun for anyone is whether or not i should change the versioning. technicall i should as it is a different version...however sharepoint doesn't make it easy to upgrade web part assemblies without using assembly redirection (which would require modification to the sharepoint web.config)...any ideas on the upgrade are appreciated...the goal being minimal (preferrably none) changes other than a new deployment.
Please enjoy some of these other recent posts...