in a previous post i wrote about embedding the silverlight applications in your site using the silverlight streaming service. i wrote about my troubles in getting output from more complex types working in the service. here's the skinny. i was using expression media encoder (eme for the cool kids) and the output templates for media players. turns out the version of eme i was using was missing a few things. the version on microsoft.com/expression is correct and is working fine.
if you are using eme outputs and want to put them in silverlight streaming, do not use the <source> node in your manifest.xml file, but ensure you have the <loadFunction> node and put in the initializer for your player (usually the eme output is calling it 'StartWithParent'). doing these two things helped me get it to work in silverlight streaming.