okay, well here's the real deal.
i am currently working on several issues and am trying not to release a version that may be riddled with issues (even if it is free!).
one item that recently came up was the use of the per user cache if the user was anonymous (thus no user would be there). i actually had plans to remove the global cache all together and use only a per user cache...this would allow for greatest flexibility and user customization...i'm debating the direction i want to go here now.
as for the numerous requests about “how can i remove the 'provided by...' information” -- all i have to say is shame on you ;-) for wanting to take that away! well, the good news is that i have caved and removed the embedded 'provided by' statement from the footer line. this is now replaced with a “last updated: “ label which indicates the last time the cache was refreshed with the data.
as a reminder, this is what is planned (not always what turns out) for the next release:
- enabling proxy servers with per-user authentication (completed)
- enabling users to specify their own formatting through XSL only
- enhancing caching model for performance (current issue as described above)
- enabling expand/collapse of feeds if the actual feed is to be shown
- enhanced installer for better installation options and more user friendly (completed)
some of these are taking more time through my testing due to some issues.
keep posted here for updates...email me offline for more questions or if you absolutely must have a new version because of some of the proxy server issues.
Please enjoy some of these other recent posts...