miss the days of devdays? me too. my team is trying to bring a little of that spark back! joe shirey on my team has organized a full-day of developer and architect goodness. we'll be hosting two events, one in the phoenix, arizona metro area and one in the denver, colorado metro area. here's the gist:
keynote: microsoft patterns and practices is being shipped in to talk about what they've produced and the logic behind it!
- exposing and consuming data using the microsoft stack (rob bagby): take a look at the ado.net entity framework, linq and the ado.net data services (project 'astoria').
- office as a developer platform (tim heuer): didn't know you could easily write office applications using managed code? let me show you how easy it is and what visual studio 2008 has done to enable this and make it even easier.
- what is new in visual basic 9 (beth massi): that's right. beth massi -- if you are a vb'er, you've no doubt heard the name from the vb team. we convinced her that she needed to be a part of this and she agreed! come learn from beth all the new goodness that is VB9: xml literals, object initializers, anonymous types, extension methods, lambda expressions and some wicked intellisense improvements!
- why user experience matters: face it, developers are not good at defining user interfaces and thus it is often an aspect that is left out. let's discuss the reason this needs to change and how attention to the user experience affects application adoption.
- agile development at microsoft: the team from patterns and practices will discuss how they have fully adopted agile methods in their development team and their learnings over the years.
- the Windows Live platform: think windows live is just virtual earth? think again! come hear about the services available to you as service-based building blocks that microsoft has exposed for your use!
this is going to be a great day and a must-see event. it is completely free to attend. come hang out with us. we will also have a couple of surprises throughout the day and some fun stuff to show as well.
register for your event today:
do not miss out on this opportunity to hear from some locals as well as some people we are dragging out from redmond and the product teams!
Please enjoy some of these other recent posts...